HAVPCD115 – Herbert Howells Organ Music
Charterhouse Chapel organ was built by Harrison & Harrison for the new chapel which was consecrated in 1927. It is a three-manual instrument and very typical of its period. Since 1927 it has had a major cleaning in the fifties, and in 1978/9 a major renovation, when the action was replaced by a solid-state system. Apart from one or two tonal changes, the specification remains in its original state.