HAVPCD126 – Praise to the Holiest Traditional and well-loved hymns
Music in St Chad’s Cathedral has almost as long a history as the building. The Cathedral Choir was founded in 1841, the year the Cathedral was opened, and it became the first endowed Catholic Choir in England in 1854. That has all changed now and the choir is mainly voluntary, with about 30 boys and 12 men. In recent years the Cathedral Choir has broadened the scope of its work to include many concerts, foreign tours, recordings, and television and radio broadcasts.